Tuesday, March 29, 2011

High school seniors' predictions for the future

The kid I most relate to in these recordings is Andrew Benedict, a student who is undecided about his future. He is actually a lot different from me, but the most relatable in this series of recordings. I have a general idea of what I want to do in the future, but I'm not entirely sure. He says "I don't know" a lot in his recording, which I think suits me well- I don't know.

My favorite of the students was Nathan Rebelo, who wants to be an architect. His interest in "making his mark" on the world is intriguing. He talks about his family a lot too; his future, and present family. He wants to get away from all the judgment high school comes with, which is how I think most high school students feel.

The most deluded of the group is the girl who wants to be an actress. Not that the dream of acting for a living is so far fetched, there are many aspiring actresses. However, not many make it. And they especially don't make it as big as she wants to make it. "Angelina Jolie status" is a rare goal to achieve. Her dreams, while admirable, are unrealistic. However, she should follow her dreams to the best of her ability because if she doesn't she will regret it. She should probably just not get her hopes up too high.

No comments:

Post a Comment